2018-2019 Headstart, Preschool and Kindergarten Registration Make-Up Session
August 1, 2018
Letcher County Public Schools will conduct Headstart, Preschool and Kindergarten Registration as follows:
West Whitesburg Elementary @ West Whitesburg Cafeteria – Wednesday, August 1, 2018 – (9:00a.m. – 3:00p.m.)
- Registration is open to all Headstart, Preschool, or incoming Kindergarten students. We will be conducting Hearing, Vision, Speech, and Developmental screenings, so please bring your child.
- Parents please bring your child’s certified birth certificate, social security card, immunization certificate, and two proofs of residency (utility bill, insurance statement, etc.). Eye, Physical, and Dental Exam. (If your child currently attends Headstart/Preschool these documents may already be on file – please ask your Headstart/Preschool in advance)
- Preschool/Headstart parents must also bring proof of income.
- Your child’s age for the 18-19 school year is determined by what age they are on August 1, 2018.
- For parents seeking early admittance to Kindergarten your child will have an additional assessment administered and you will be notified by letter as to whether they meet the requirements for early Kindergarten admittance.
- If you cannot make it to the date scheduled for your area, you may attend any other location/date that is scheduled.
If you have any further questions, or need any further assistance please contact Regina Brown, Director of Special Education and Preschool @ 633-4455.