This year we will be doing our registration for Kindergarten, Preschool, and Headstart a little differently. You will choose the appropriate registration link below to complete the online portion of the registration process. When allowed, our staff will arrange an appointment time for you to come in and complete all necessary paperwork and screenings.
Click here for West Whitesburg Elementary Pre-School Registration
Click here for Headstart Registration
Click here for Kindergarten Registration
- Registration appointments are open to all children that will be turning 3, 4, or 5 (incoming Kindergarten, WWE preschool, or LKLP Headstart students). During your appointment we will be conducting Hearing, Vision, Speech, and Developmental screenings, so please bring your child.
- We have a summer activity booklet that will assist you in preparing your child for Kindergarten. Booklets may be picked up at any of our Elementary schools. We also have Readiness packets that you can pick-up at one of our local grocery stores, or Wal-Mart for children 3-5 years of age.
- Parents please bring the following for your appointment:
- Your child’s certified birth certificate
- Social security card
- Immunization certificate
- Two proofs of residency (utility bill, insurance statement, etc.)
- Proof of Income (Check Stub, Front page of an Income tax return, Benefit Award letter, etc.)
- Eye exam
- Physical exam
- Dental Exam
- We realize it may be difficult to obtain these exams at this time, so don’t worry, just get them when you can. If your child currently attends Headstart or Preschool these documents may already be on file.
- Your child’s age for the 20-21 school year is determined by what age they are on August 1, 2020.
- For parents seeking early admittance to Kindergarten, your child will have an additional assessment administered during your appointment, and you will be notified by letter as to whether they meet the requirements for early Kindergarten admittance.
If you have any further questions, or need any further assistance please contact: Regina Brown, Director of Special Education and Preschool @ 633-4455